With the air turning colder, soups are starting to be more and more frequent. I’m a huge fan of a slow cooker and I’m sure some of you guys are too. This recipe is easy to do and tastes wonderful.
Total time: 8 hr 10 min (approx.)
Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 7-8 hrs (approx.)
- 1 30oz. bag of frozen diced hash browns
- 1 32 oz box of chicken broth
- 1 can of cream of chicken soup (10 oz)
- 1 pkg. cream cheese (8 oz, not fat free)
- 3 oz bacon bits
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
- Put the potatoes in the slow cooker. Add in the chicken broth, cream of chicken soup and half of the bacon bits. Add a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Cook on low for 7-8 hours or until potatoes are tender.
- An hour before serving, cut the cream cheese into small cubes. Place the cubes in the crock pot. Mix a few times throughout the hour before serving.
- Once the cream cheese is completely mixed in, it’s ready to serve.
- Top with cheddar cheese and some additional bacon bits.