I posted this on my old weight loss blog, “I Want to Be the Biggest Loser,” in August of 2011. I was on a roll…I had lost a lot of weight and I was eating healthy. Sadly, I didn’t stick to it. One night, I was at a loss on what to make for supper. I had recently bought Prevention Magazine’s “Biggest Loser Weight Loss Planner” magazine, and there were some recipes in there. One sparked my interest was “Mexican Turkey Burgers.” I just put my own spin on it. 😉
- 1 pkg (20 oz) extra-lean ground turkey breast
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1/4 cup finely chopped green bell pepper
- 1/3 cup finely chopped fresh mushrooms
- 1 tbsp fajita seasoning
- 1/4 cup low-fat Mexican-blend cheese
- Whole Grain Buns
- Fat-Free Greek Yogurt
- Preheat skillet, grill, or broiler.
- Combine turkey, cilantro, onion, bell pepper, mushrooms, seasoning, cheese in a large mixing bowl.
- Divide mixture and form into 6 patties.
- Grill or broil burgers 3 minutes per side, or until no longer pink inside.
- Spread some greek yogurt on the bottom bun, and some guacamole on the top bun.
If you try this recipe, let me know how it goes!