Welcome to 30 Days of Christmas! Today’s recipe is an essential part of the holidays…sugar cookies. I’ve made thousands of sugar cookies and have used various recipes, but I finally found one that is easy! You can decorate these as much or as little as possible. Make them yours!
- 1/2 cup margarine, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 3/4 cup self rising flour
- Preheat oven to 375º
- Cream the margarine and gradually add the sugar.
- Add egg and vanilla.
- Add the flour gradually and mix well. The dough should be easy to handle. If not, chill until ready.
- To cut the cookies, take small portions of the dough and generously flour the surface to start. Roll out the dough to approximately 1/4 inch thickness. After cutting, return the scraps to the bowl and remix slightly, then repeat the process. You should be able to use less flour for the surface each time.
- Bake the cookies for 10-12 minutes, or until golden. Decorate when cooled.