If you’ve never had this before, you’re in for a treat. It’s smoky, it’s tangy, it’s sweet, and it’s delicious! This will go great with chicken tenders or even brushed on chicken then baked!
Yield: 1 Cup sauce
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 tbs Grey Poupon dijon mustard
- 1 tsp ketchup
- 1 tsp granulated sugar
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/8 tsp garlic powder
- 1/8 tsp onion powder
- 2 1/2 tbs white vinegar
- 1/2 tsp concentrated hickory liquid smoke flavoring
- 1/4 tsp lemon juice
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tsp water
- 1 tsp cornstarch
- Combine together the oil, honey, mustard, ketchup, sugar, paprika, salt, pepper, garlic powder, and onion powder. heat to boiling over medium heat in a saucepan. Stir and remove from the heat. Allow it to cool uncovered for about 10 minutes. Stir in the white vinegar, liquid smoke flavoring and the lemon juice.
- While the sauce is cooing, stir the egg yolks vigorously with 2 teaspoons of water for about 2 minutes or unitl the color of the egg yolks are a pale yellow. Stir in the cornstarch until it is dissolved.
- Drizzle the sauce mixture, when it’s cooled, into the egg yolk mixture in a steady stream while whisking rapidly.
This creates a thick, creamy mixture and prevents the oil from separating.
Cover the finished sauce and chill in the fridge.