This cake is so fresh and delicious. It’s a crowd favorite. Its an Easter cake, but rules are meant to be broken, right…you can make it whenever you want to!
Total time: 40 mins
Prep time: 15 mins
Cook time: 25 mins + cooling
Yields: 12 servings
- 1 package yellow cake mix
- 1 11-oz can Mandarin Oranges, drained
- 1 20-oz can unsweetened crushed pineapple, drained
- 1 package (3.4 oz) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 12-oz package frozen whipped topping, thawed.
- Prepare cake batter according to package directions. Beat in oranges until blended. Pour into two greased and floured 9-in. round baking pans.
- Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- Combine pineapple and dry pudding mix; fold in whipped topping. Spread between layers and over top and sides of cake. Store in the refrigerator.