Happy Thanksgiving!! I hope the world is right for you and your loved ones! As we say our thanks, we stop to remember our blessings and our joys! May the blessings of Thanksgiving be with you always!
For Day 2, I bring you a recipe for Creamy Sweet Potato Casserole. This recipe is one of my all-time favorites and it adds a wonderful taste to your holiday table!
Total time: 40 mins
Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 30 mins
- 4 lbs yams (sweet potatoes), peeled, boiled, and mashed
- 1/2 cup sorghum or honey
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, at room temperature
- 3/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups pecan pieces
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- Preheat oven to 350º
- Combine the potatoes, sorghum, half of the butter, cinnamon, nutmeg, and vanilla in a large bowl and stir until fluffy. Transfer the mixture to an 8- to 10-cup baking dish. Set aside.
- Combine the pecans, sugar, and flour in a medium bowl. Add the remaining butter and mix with your hands until the mixture forms course crumbs. Sprinkle the nut mixture over the potatoes. Bake until the topping is golden and the potatoes are heated through, about 30 minutes.