This recipe rocks. I’ll be the first to admit it’s delicious. It’s one of my favorite things at a Chinese restaurant, and I’ve always wanted to make it at home…so I finally was able to do it myself.
- 3 cups cooked rice *
- 2 Tbs sesame oil
- 1 small white onion, chopped
- 1 cup frozen peas and carrots, thawed
- 2-3 Tablespoons soy sauce (more or less to taste)
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 Tbsp chopped green onions (optional)
*For the rice they suggest day old rice. I usually cook mine in the morning or night before and refrigerate. It will still taste great if you are not able to do this.
- Preheat a large skillet or wok to medium heat. Pour sesame oil in the bottom. Add white onion and peas and carrots and fry until tender.
- Slide the onion, peas and carrots to the side, and pour the beaten eggs onto the other side. Using a spatula, scramble the eggs. Once cooked, mix the eggs with the vegetable mix.
- Add the rice to the veggie and egg mixture. Pour the soy sauce on top. Stir and fry the rice and veggie mixture until heated through and combined. Add chopped green onions if desired.