This recipe appeared as one of Chef Walter Lamberts features on Dollywood on December 19, 2013. They sell this amazing Apple Butter in the park’s Sweet Shoppe. It’s a perfect compliment to Dollywood’s World Famous Cinnamon Bread.
- 1 gallon unsweetened apple sauce
- 3 lbs sugar
- 2 TBSP cinnamon
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- 1/8 tsp cloves
- Mix sugar and spices with the apple sauce in a heavy pan.
- Place on medium high heat and stir constantly until the mixture comes to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low and cook, stirring OFTEN, about 45 minutes or until mixture reaches desired consistency.
- Pour into a container with a tight lid and allow to cool before placing in the refrigerator.