If you’ve ever been to Dixie Stampede, you’ll know how awesome this soup is. Dolly included the recipe in her cook book and I wanted to share this with everyone. This would be a great thing to serve to family who have been out Christmas shopping or visiting a certain Smoky Mountain theme park in Pigeon Forge.
Yield: 1 quart
Serves: 4 servings
- 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp corn syrup
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp white pepper
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1 1/2 cup water
- 3/4 cup finely chopped vegetables
- 1 pint half & half
- Chopped parsley
- In a 3 qt. sauce pot, melt margarine. Add onion, garlic, and corn syrup. Simmer 1 minute. Do not brown.
- Add flour, white pepper, salt, chicken broth, water, and vegetables. Simmer 3 minutes.
- Add half & half. Simmer until desired consistency. Stir constantly – do not bring to boil.
- Garnish with chopped parsley and serve.