Growing up, my family was friends with a dear family. The matriarch of the family’s name was Frieda Clark and I loved her. She would make wonderful cookies and candies for the holiday season, and they are still recipes that we use to this day in our family. I’ll be sharing some more of them, but I wanted to start with my all-time favorite recipe of hers: punch. When I was in college and I would come home for Christmas break, I would beg my mom to make it pretty much every single day. I love it, and my mouth waters thinking about it. I hope this recipe will delight your gatherings!
- 1 2-liter ginger ale
- 2-liters of water (use the bottle from the ginger ale)
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 small boxes of Jell-O – any flavor (I prefer apricot, but strawberry is too)
- 1 12 oz fan frozen pulp free orange juice
- 1 large can pineapple juice
- 2 cups water
- In a mixing bowl, combine the 2 cups of sugar and the Jell-O powder, set aside.
- Pour the ginger ale into a large stock pot. When the bottle is empty fill the bottle back up with water and pour into the stock pot.
- Pour the pineapple juice into the stock pot and stir.
- Boil the 2 cups of water and pour over the Jell-O mixture until fully dissolved.
- Stir the frozen orange juice into the mixture until completely melted.
- Pour the mixture into the stock pot and stir.
- Serve over ice.