Growing up, I loved chicken pot pie. I recently watched an episode of “Good Eats” in which Alton Brown mentioned that we, as youngsters, didn’t known any better than those little, store-bought, frozen pot pies. I still love those, but I have learned how to make my own. We all know that homemade is worth the effort.
Total time: 40 mins
Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 30 mins
- 1 can (10 3/4 oz) Cream of Chicken Soup (you can also use Cream of Chicken with Herbs)
- 1 pkg (about 9 oz) frozen mixed vegetables, thawed
- 1 cup cubed cooked chicken
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 1 cup all-purpose baking mix
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Mix soup, vegetables and chicken in 9in pie plate
- Mix milk, egg, and baking mix. Pour over chicken mixture. Bake 30 mins or until golden brown.