Bread pudding is such a delicious dessert. It’s hard to believe it’s a “leftover” made from stale bread! 🙂
Yield: 10 to 12 servings
- 1 16-oz loaf stale French bread, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 cup white chocolate morsels
- 4 cups milk
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 5 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- The Best Ever Caramel Sauce
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Place bread cubes in a lightly greased 13×9-inch baking dish. Sprinkle with morsels.
- Heat milk and butter until hot in a medium saucepan. Add sugar, stirring until melted.
- Slowly pour 1 cup hot milk mixture into eggs, stirring constantly.
- Pour egg mixture into remaining milk mixture. Stir in salt, vanilla, and cinnamon.
- Pour mixture over bread and morsels. Bake for 45 minutes. Mixture will be soft, but should hold its shape when served. Serve warm with Best Ever Caramel Sauce.