I love Chicken Enchiladas. Last year, I was working at a business where our training class had a pot luck, and my good friend, Danielle, brought homemade chicken enchiladas. This recipe is close to hers, and I think you’ll like it too.
Total time: 55 mins
Prep time: 20 mins
Cook time: 35 mins
Yield: 6 servings
- 2 cups chopped cooked chicken
- 1 16 oz container Sour Cream, divided
- 1 8 oz package shredded colby & monterey jack cheese, divided
- 1 16 oz chunky salsa, divided
- 2 tbs chipped cilantro
- 12 6-8-inch flour or corn tortillas
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Mix chicken, 1 cup of the sour cream, 1 cup of the cheese, 1/4 cup of the salsa, and cilantro in a mixing bowl.
- Spoon about 1/4 cup of the chicken mixture down the center of each tortilla; roll up. Place, seam-side down, in 13×9-inch baking dish. Top with remaining salsa; cover.
- Bake for 30 minutes, then remove and sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake an additional 5 minutes or until cheese is melted. Serve with remaining sour cream. Garnish with additional chopped cilantro.