My mama loves coconut balls. I wanted to learn how to make them for her, so I found this recipe!
- 1 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 1 1/2 teaspoons almond extract
- 8 ounces sweetened shredded coconut
- Melted Chocolate for dipping (milk or white chocolate)
- 1 cup toasted almonds (optional)
- In a bowl mix together the (optional) nuts, condensed milk, almond extract and coconut. Using your fingers, press the mixture into balls about 3/4-inch round. Place onto sheet trays and let rest at room temperature for 4 hours or in the refrigerator for 1 hour.
- After the balls have set up, melt the chocolate. Dip into the chocolate to coat evenly and lightly. Place onto wax paper to dry.