Yield: 8 to 10 servings
- 1/3 – 1/2 cup orange juice
- 8 Granny Smith apples, unpeeled
- 1 cup fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1/2 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup butter, cut into pieces
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh mint leaves
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Pour orange juice into lightly greased 13×9-inch baking dish
- Core apples and cut into wedges. Add to orange juice, tossing to coat. Add additional orange juice, if necessary. Stir in cranberries.
- Sprinkle apple mixture with sugar and dot with butter.
- Bake 20-30 minutes or until apples are tender and bubbly. Just before serving, stir in fresh mint.
NOTE: To make ahead, assemble dish as directed and refrigerate; bake right before serving.