Remember this crisp, tart, and juicy salad? It’s not as popular anymore, but it’s still wonderful.
Yield: 6 servings
- 2 tart apples, peeled, cored, and diced.
- 1 cup finely chopped celery
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tbs sugar
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- Dash of salt
- 1/2 cup whipping cream, whipped, or 1 cup whipped topping
- In a mxing bowl, combine apples, celery, and nuts, set aside.
- In another mixing bowl, blend together the mayonnaise, sugar, lemon juice, and salt, fold in the whipped cream and apple mixture.
- Chill and serve.