This recipe is easy to do and will be a hit with your family!
Yield: 5 cups
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 1 envelope Italian salad dressing mix
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 1 15-oz can kidney beans, drained
- 1 cup water
- 1 8-oz can tomato sauce
- 1 4-oz chopped green chilies, drained
- Brown meat in large skillet on medium heat. Add green pepper, salad dressing mix and chili powder, cook and stir until green pepper is tender.
- Stir in kidney beans, water, and tomato sauce. Bring to boil. Reduce heat to low, cover and simmer 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in chilies, return to boil. Serve warm with shredded cheese, chopped onion or sour cream, if desired.