Get cozy with a mug of this rich red velvet-tinted hot chocolate. Serve with a dollop of whipped cream, if desired.
- 4 cups whole milk
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 10 ounces semi-sweet baking chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 2 teaspoons red food color
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- For the Hot Chocolate, place milk and granulated sugar in medium saucepan. Bring to simmer on medium heat, stirring to dissolve sugar.
- Remove from heat. Stir in chocolate with wire whisk until melted. Stir in food color and vanilla. Pour into serving cups. Serve with marshmallows and whipped cream, if desired.