Everyday, in Dollywood’s Sweet Shoppe on Showstreet, they make batches and batches of a wonderful candy they call “Smoky Mountain Mud.” It’s delicious. They make a milk chocolate and a white chocolate version of the tasty treat. This is my own guess on how to make it…and it tastes identical!
- 1 cup peanuts
- 2 cups Rice Krispies
- 2 cups mini marshmallows
- 2 cups peanut butter
- 2.5 lbs melted chocolate (milk or white chocolate)
- Lay out wax paper on counters…enough to cover…based on how large you want the candies to be.
- Combine peanuts, peanut butter, Rice Krispies, and mini marshmallows in a large bowl.
- Melt the chocolate.
- Pour melted chocolate over the mixture in the large bowl.
- Spoon mixture onto wax paper…2.5 inch spreads are ideal, let cool.