Ho, ho, ho! These little stockings are stuffed with your kids’ fave flavors.
- 1 can (8 oz) refrigerated crescent dough
- 1/4 cup pizza sauce
- 1/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese (1 oz)
- 2 tablespoons torn basil leaves
- Heat oven to 350°F. Unroll dough on work surface. Press into 13×8-inch rectangle. Using 2 1/2- to 3-inch stocking-shaped cookie cutter, cut 12 stockings from dough. Transfer to ungreased cookie sheet. Bake 8 minutes.
- Top with sauce, leaving 1/4-inch border. Sprinkle mozzarella at top of each stocking. Bake 4 to 6 minutes longer or until cheese melts.
- Transfer stockings to serving tray. Sprinkle with basil leaves.
- Can’t find a stocking cutter? Play around with other Christmas shapes for a fun twist on this simple recipe.
- If basil isn’t popular with your little diners, try topping with mini pepperoni instead.