Trim the tree and the appetizer tray all at once with these basil-laden beauties.
- 1 can (13.8 oz) refrigerated pizza crust
- 1/2 cup basil pesto sauce
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- Heat oven to 375°F. Unroll pizza crust on work surface sprinkled lightly with flour. Straighten edges, and press evenly into 14×8-inch rectangle. Sprinkle top of dough with flour.
- With sprayed and floured 2 1/2-inch tree-shaped cookie cutter, cut dough into 24 trees. Place on ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake 11 to 13 minutes or until lightly browned on edges. Transfer to serving tray; cool 5 minutes.
- Spread pesto sauce on trees. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- Cut small stars out of jarred roasted red bell peppers for an extra punch of holiday color and flavor.
- While a shelf-stable jar of pesto will do in a pinch, a refrigerated tub (or a homemade version) is preferred.