My sister, Amanda, showed me this recipe, and it looks amazing. She wanted me to share this with all of you, so here it is! 🙂
- 4-6 thin boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- Chicken “stuffing”:
- 6-8 ounces softened cream cheese (I used Chives and Onion cream cheese for a little extra flavor)
- 1 tablespoon of minced onion
- 1 tablespoon Italian Seasoning
- 1 tablespoon of garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon of pepper
- 2 teaspoons of lemon juice
- 4 Pieces of cooked and chopped Bacon
- Coating for the Chicken Rolls:
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/2 cup corn flake crumbs
- Pre-heat oven to 350.
- In a bowl, beat cream cheese, onion, Italian Seasoning, garlic powder, pepper and lemon juice until blended. Stir in cooked and chopped bacon.
- Spoon about 2 tablespoons of the cream cheese mixture on each piece of chicken and spread it out into a thin layer.
- Roll chicken. I only had one roll fall apart a little bit on me. To avoid this, you can use toothpicks to keep the roll together. (I realized as making this that we don’t own any toothpicks.)
- Coat rolls with flour, then lightly dip in egg mixture, followed me rolling them in corn flake crumbs. ** (notes below)
- Drizzle some olive oil in a large skillet and heat. Briefly cook rolls over high heat, browning all sides.
- Place chicken rolls in a baking dish. Bake for 30 minutes or until chicken is fork tender and juices run clear.
- You don’t want to soak the roll in the egg, but you need it coated enough to hold the corn flakes.
- Make sure to really crush the corn flakes. It is more likely for smaller pieces to stick to the roll better.