I love chicken. This blog is probably proof of that! lol. Here’s one of the best forms of chicken…the tender!
- pure vegetable oil, for frying
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons freshly ground black pepper
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 8 chicken tenders
- Heat 1 1/2 inches oil in large skillet to 365°F.
- Blend flour, salt, and pepper in medium bowl. Break eggs into small bowl; beat lightly. Set aside. Pour 1 cup buttermilk into separate bowl.
- Dip chicken, one piece at a time, into buttermilk, then into flour mixture. Coat completely. Dip into egg, then return to flour mixture. Coat completely.
- Place chicken gently into hot oil. Fry uncovered about 10 minutes on each side until golden brown and juices from chicken run clear.
- Drain on paper towels. Serve immediately or place on rack in 200°F oven until ready to serve.