I love banana bread. Here’s a form of banana bread that’s a cookie. What could be any greater!? These will be a great hit with your family!
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 cup mashed ripe banana (about 2)
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups quick or old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1 cup chopped walnuts or pecans
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chunks
- Heat oven to 375°F.
- Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt in medium bowl; set aside. Beat butter until light and fluffy in large bowl. Gradually add brown sugar; beat an additional 2 minutes. Add banana, eggs and vanilla, beating just until combined.
- Stir in flour mixture. Stir in oats, nuts and chocolate chunks. Drop by heaping teaspoonfuls onto ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool on baking sheet 1 minute. Place on cooling rack to cool completely.