These delectable butter cookies, with a refreshing orange flavor, is made even more special with a coating of chocolate.
Yield: Makes 4 1/2 dozen or 27 (2 cookie) servings
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
- 1 cup confectioners’ sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 1/2 teaspoons pure orange extract
- 2 1/2 cups sifted flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 6 ounces semi-sweet baking chocolate
- 1 1/2 teaspoons shortening
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Beat butter and sugar in large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and 1 1/2 teaspoons of the orange extract. Gradually beat in flour and salt until well mixed. Drop dough by rounded teaspoonfuls onto ungreased baking sheets; flatten with fork.
- Bake 12 to 14 minutes or until lightly brown. Cool on baking sheets 1 minute. Remove to wire racks; cool completely.
- Melt chocolate and shortening in microwavable bowl on HIGH 1 1/2 minutes, stirring after 30 seconds. Add remaining 1 teaspoon extract; stir until chocolate is completely melted.
- Dip each cookie halfway into chocolate mixture. Let stand at room temperature or refrigerate on wax paper-lined tray 15 minutes or until chocolate is set..