Nothing is as southern as a trifle. A good trifle is always great to have in your repertoire. This one is absolutely delicious.
- One 3.4-ounce package instant cream of coconut pudding mix
- 1 to 2 pints strawberries
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 store-bought pound cake, cut into 1-inch cubes
- One 20-ounce can crushed pineapple, drained
- 3 medium bananas, sliced
- Prepare the pudding mix according to package directions.
- Remove half the strawberries from the pint container and mash. Reserve 2 whole strawberries for garnish and slice the remaining whole strawberries. Toss together the strawberry slices with the mashed strawberries.
- With a blender, whip together the heavy whipping cream and sugar until you get soft peaks. Set aside.
- In a large trifle bowl, arrange half the pound cake pieces on the bottom. Place some of the strawberries around the edge of bowl on top of the pound cake pieces.
- Spoon the prepared pudding over the pound cake pieces in the trifle bowl. Layer with pineapple, bananas, the remaining half of the pound cake pieces and the remaining strawberries. Top with the whipped cream. Garnish with the 2 reserved whole strawberries.