BBQ enthusiasts know low and slow leads to the tenderest meat. Use your slow cooker to get the same results for these pork sandwiches.
- 1 boneless pork shoulder (2 lb.)
- 3 onions, sliced, separated into rings
- 1/2 cup barbecue sauce
- 8 kaiser rolls, split
- 8 American cheese singles
- Place meat in slow cooker; top with onions and barbecue sauce. Cover with lid. Cook on LOW 8 to 10 hours (or on HIGH 4 to 5 hours).
- Remove meat from slow cooker; cut off and discard excess fat. Chop meat into small pieces or shred with fork. Return to slow cooker; stir to coat with sauce.
- Fill rolls with meat mixture and Singles just before serving.