Ginger-spiced honey-glazed carrots are easy enough to prepare for you to include in a special holiday meal.
Serves: Makes 4 (1/2-cup) servings.
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 pound baby carrots
- 2 tablespoons butter, divided
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 3/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon parsley flakes
- Place carrots, water and 1 tablespoon of the butter in skillet on medium heat. Cook, uncovered, 5 to 6 minutes or until carrots are slightly tender. Add honey, orange juice, remaining 1 tablespoon butter, ginger, nutmeg and salt to skillet.
- Cook 4 to 5 minutes longer, stirring frequently to glaze carrots. Sprinkle with parsley, just before serving.