Slow cooker chicken breasts turn out tender, juicy and easy to shred—perfect for making these tasty tacos. Serve ’em up with the works.
- 1 pound chicken breasts (approximately three large or four small chicken breasts)
- 1 jar salsa
- 1 Tbsp. taco seasoning mix (optional)
- Flour tortillas, taco shells or lettuce
- Toppings (all optional):
- 1/2-1 cup shredded Cheese
- Sour Cream
- Cooked black or pinto beans
- Sliced black olives
- Sliced avocado
- Shredded lettuce
- Place chicken breasts, salsa and seasoning into slow cooker and cook on high for four hours or low for six to eight hours. If using frozen chicken breasts, cook on high for five to six hours.
- Remove chicken from slow cooker and cut or shred. If desired, add some salsa left over in the slow cooker to the chicken.
- Serve chicken in taco shells, tortillas, lettuce wraps or on top of a salad and garnish with toppings of choice. Enjoy!