Cheese tops bowls of chicken tortilla soup that literally cooks itself in a slow cooker. Enjoy your time away from the stove!
- 4 boneless skinless chicken thighs (1 lb.)
- 1 can (10 oz.) diced tomatoes and green chiles, undrained
- 2 carrots, cut diagonally into slices
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- 2 cans (14.5 oz. each) fat-free reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 4 cups tortilla chips
- 3/4 cup Mexican-style Shredded Four Cheese
- Place chicken in slow cooker. Add tomatoes, carrots, onions, chili powder, cumin and broth; cover with lid. Cook on LOW 4 to 5 hours (or on HIGH 2 to 3 hours).
- Use slotted spoon to remove chicken from slow cooker; cool slightly. Coarsely chop chicken; return to soup. Stir.
- Crush chips coarsely; place in 8 soup bowls. Ladle soup into bowls; top with cheese.
- Garnish each serving with chopped fresh cilantro. Serve with lime wedges.