Have dinner ready and waiting when you get home tonight. This slow-cooker version of a take-out favorite has everything you love (except the little white boxes).
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 carrot, sliced
- 1 stalk celery, sliced
- 1-1/2 lb. boneless skinless chicken thighs, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup Catalina Dressing
- 1/4 cup lite soy sauce
- 1 tsp. grated gingerroot
- 1 Tbsp cornstarch
- 1 can (8 oz.) pineapple chunks, drained, liquid reserved
- 1 each green and red pepper, cut into strips
- 3 cups hot cooked long-grain white rice
- Place onions, carrots and celery in slow cooker; top with chicken.
- Mix sugar, dressing, soy sauce and ginger; pour over chicken. Cover with lid.
- Cook on LOW 4 to 5 hours, increasing heat to HIGH for the last 30 min.
- Stir cornstarch into reserved pineapple liquid. Add to slow cooker with pineapple and peppers; stir. Cook, covered, 30 min. or until sauce is thickened. Serve over rice.