Can you believe it?! Christmas Eve!!! We are all trying to get last-minute efforts completed and entertain our loved ones! I love this day! It’s the anticipation of all the months leading up to tomorrow’s big day! I love it! One more side item for you for today. Sage enhances the creamy cheddar taste of this potato gratin recipe. This will prove to be a crowd pleaser for all your holiday dinners.
Serves: Makes 12 servings
- 2 teaspoons rubbed sage
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3 pounds Yukon Gold potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- 1 package (8 ounces) shredded Cheddar cheese, (2 cups)
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup chicken broth
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Mix sage, salt and pepper in small bowl. Layer 1/3 of the potatoes and 1/2 of the onion in lightly greased 13×9-inch baking dish. Sprinkle with 1 teaspoon of the sage mixture and 1/3 of the cheese. Repeat layers. Top with remaining potatoes, sage mixture and cheese.
- Stir broth and cream in medium bowl with wire whisk until well blended. Pour evenly over potatoes.
- Bake 1 hour or until potatoes are tender and top is golden. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.