Cheesy, creamy and brightened by lemon zest, this chicken and penne pasta dish tastes amazing—but takes less than 40 minutes to make!
- 2 cups penne pasta, uncooked
- 1 Tbsp. oil
- 1 cup chopped onions
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1-1/2 lb. boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into strips
- 6 oz. (3/4 of 8-oz. pkg.) Cream Cheese, softened
- 1 chicken bouillon cube
- Zest and juice from 1 large lemon
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Cook pasta in large saucepan as directed on package, omitting salt.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in large skillet on medium-high heat. Add onions and garlic; cook 1 min. Add half the chicken; cook 2 min. or until lightly browned, stirring frequently. Remove from skillet; cover to keep warm. Repeat with remaining chicken; return all chicken to skillet.
- Drain pasta, reserving 1/2 cup of the cooking water. Mix reserved water with cream cheese and bouillon until well blended. Add to chicken with lemon zest; mix well. Cover; cook on low heat 5 min. or until chicken is done. Stir in pasta, lemon juice and parsley; cook; uncovered, 1 min. or until heated through, stirring frequently. Stir in cheese.