Can’t choose between Mexican and Italian tonight? You can have both with this easy, cheesy meal.
- 1 lb lean (at least 80%) ground beef
- 1 can (19 oz) mild enchilada sauce
- 1 can (12 oz) evaporated milk
- 1 lb uncooked rigatoni pasta
- 1 can (11 oz) Green Giant™ Mexicorn™ whole kernel corn with red and green bell peppers
- 2 cups shredded Mexican cheese blend (8 oz)
- In nonstick 5-quart Dutch oven, cook beef with salt to taste over high heat, stirring frequently, until brown. Do not drain.
- Add enchilada sauce, evaporated milk, 4 cups hot water, the pasta and corn. Heat to boiling over high heat. Reduce heat; simmer uncovered 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat; stir in cheese. Serve topped with crushed tortilla chips, cilantro and chopped green onions, if desired.
- Like it spicy? Use medium or hot enchilada sauce instead of mild.
- Want to lighten it up? Ground turkey makes a fine substitute for the beef in this recipe.