Get the kids in the kitchen on New Year’s Eve to whip up a fun appetizer to ring in the new year and learn their numerals all at once.
- 1 can (8 oz) Pillsbury™ Crescent Recipe Creations™ refrigerated seamless dough sheet
- 1/2 cup pizza sauce
- Heat oven to 350°F. Unroll dough on work surface. Press dough into 12×8-inch rectangle. Using pizza cutter, cut rectangle into 4 rows by 2 rows to make 8 smaller rectangles.
- Cut each small rectangle into 4 strips.
- Shape each strip into a numeral to spell out the new year and place, touching, on ungreased cookie sheet. Repeat with remaining rectangles.
- Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until golden brown. Serve with pizza sauce for dipping.
- Make sure the strips touch so that they’ll bake together. For “1,” fold the strip in half, and pinch the two halves together before placing next to other numbers. For “8,” swirl top of strip to the right and down to center, then swirl bottom of strip to the left and up to center. For “4,” cut strip in half to make a small “L,” and stretch the other half to make the vertical line.
- No pizza sauce on hand? No problem! Use your favorite dip or sauce in its place.