I love hot dogs with Chili…but specifically…those hot dogs from a gas station or an awesome restaurant from where I grew up called Pal’s. I’ve looked and looked for a recipe like that…and I finally found one! I couldn’t wait to share!
- 2 pounds lean ground beef
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup tomato sauce
- 1/3 cup ketchup
- 1/2 tablespoon salt
- 1/2 tablespoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon white sugar
- 3 1/2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- Crumble ground beef into a Dutch oven over medium heat. Stir in water, and mash ground beef thoroughly with a potato masher.
- Stir in tomato sauce, ketchup, salt, pepper, sugar, chili powder, garlic powder, and onion powder; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low; simmer, 60 to 90 minutes, until the sauce reaches a medium consistency that is not too soupy.