This recipe comes from Food Network’s Kitchen. It’s a great dish and perfect for a night watching some romantic holiday movies. Well, that’s what I would like anyway.
Total Time: 35 min
Prep time: 10 min
Cook time: 25 min
Yields: 4 servings
- Cooking spray
- 4 cups cornflakes, crushed
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 cup nonfat plain Greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 4 6 -to-8-ounce skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- 1 1/2 pounds green beans, trimmed
- 2 cloves garlic, sliced
- 2 scallions, sliced (white and green parts separated)
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- Honey mustard, for dipping
- Position racks in the upper and lower thirds of the oven; preheat to 425 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with foil and coat with cooking spray. Combine the cornflakes, 1 tablespoon olive oil and the paprika in a medium bowl; season with salt and pepper. Combine the yogurt, lemon juice, 1 tablespoon water, 1/4 teaspoon salt and a few grinds of pepper in a large bowl; add the chicken and toss to coat.
- Dredge the chicken in the cornflake mixture, pressing to help it adhere. Transfer to the prepared baking sheet; mist with cooking spray. Bake on the upper oven rack until lightly browned, about 15 minutes. Flip the chicken and bake until cooked through, 7 to 10 more minutes.
- Meanwhile, toss the green beans, garlic, scallion whites and the remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil in a bowl; season with salt and pepper. Spread on another baking sheet; bake on the lower oven rack, stirring occasionally, until tender, about 20 minutes. Toss with the lemon zest and scallion greens. Serve with the chicken and honey mustard.