John and I are big mashed potato eaters. I make my mama’s recipe, but she has forbidden me to post it on here…sorry! So, I know a lot of people like cheesy mashed potatoes, and I wanted to share a quick and easy recipe with you.
Yield: 6 servings
- 4 cups hot cooked sliced potatoes
- 1/2 lb (8 oz) Velveeta, cut up
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced
- Milk, if desired for thinner consistency.
- Mash potatoes coarsely with fork or potato masher.
- Add Velveeta. Mash until cheese is melted and potatoes are desired consistency.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper. Garnish as desired. Serve immediately.